Veterinary and Animal Sciences Research Council (VASRC) of Kamdhenu University has been constituted as per the Clause No. 25 (1) of Kamdhenu University Act 2009 as under.
The Veterinary and Animal Sciences Research Council (VASRC) consists of the following members:
- The Vice- Chancellor, Ex-Officio Chairman
- The Director of Animal Husbandry, Gujarat State or his representative not below the rank of Joint Director, Ex-Officio Member
- The Commissioner of Fisheries, Gujarat State or his representative, not below the rank of Joint Commissioner, Ex-Officio Member
- The Directors, Ex-Officio Member
- The Deans/ Principals of Faculties, Ex-Officio Member
- The Deans of the Colleges, Ex-Officio Member
- One Head of Department from each College to be nominated by the Vice Chancellor, by rotation, in the manner as may be prescribed.
- Four members from the Research Scientists of whom two members from the faculty of Veterinary Science and one each from the Faculty of Dairy and Fisheries, to be nominated by the Vice Chancellor, on rotational basis.
- One eminent scientist in the field of Veterinary and Allied Sciences from outside the University to be nominated by the Vice Chancellor.
- The Director of Research shall be the member Secretary, Ex-Officio Member.
- The term of members other than the Ex-Officio Members shall be of two years.
- The Council shall conduct its meetings and transact the business in such manner as may be prescribed.
Functions and duties of Veterinary and Animal Sciences Research Council (VASRC) are as under:
- To monitor and determine the research priorities of the University area.
- To be responsible for Agriculture and Allied Sciences Research in the University.
- To advise the Board of Management on policy matters of research.
- To plan, execute and manage the research activities in the University efficiently.
- To organise and co-ordinate research programmes on Agriculture and Allied Sciences in the University.
- To review critically ongoing research programme and make suggestions to Board of Management to continue or to abandon or to modify the on-going scheme.
- To approve Research Projects and consider Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) issues submitted by the Research Scientists/Institutions/ Departments.
- Public private partnership mode in research.
- To make recommendations in respect of the following :
- Transfer of research recommendations to the Scientists/Farming Community and Industry through the Extension Agencies.
- Allocation of funds to Research Schemes and Projects.
- The terms and conditions for acceptance of the Research Projects/Consultancy Projects and funds thereof.
- Formulation of research programmes and projects undertaken or to be undertaken by the various Agricultural University units in the State in the field of Agriculture.
- Physical and fixed facilities required for implementing research projects.
- Integration of research with extension education and teachings in University and participation of research workers in teaching and extension education for their work.
- Orienting research to meet farmers needs.
- To give advice and accept the reports of ongoing/completed research schemes by the scientists concerned.
- To perform such other duties and functions as may be referred to from time to time by the Board of Management and the other authorities of the University as well as the Council of State Agricultural Universities.
The meetings of the Research Council shall be held regularly as and when necessary. However, the same shall be held at least once in a year. The Chairman may convene special meeting of the Research Council at any time, if required.
Veterinary and Animal Science Research Council (VASRC)